Click part numbers for pricing or to buy
|ITEM ID||MODEL||SET UP||REPLACEMENT
(Refer to figure 1)The L-6000 is a hand operated threaded insert tool for use with the following insert thread
sizes: 4-40; 6-32; 8-32; 10-24; 10-32; 12-24; 1/4-20; 1/4-24, 3MM; 4MM; 5MM; and 6MM.
Pull knob (A) completely out and place insert onto pull-up stud. Holding insert stationary, push knob until it is all the way into the barrel (B). The insert should now have all threads engaged onto the pull-up stud. Hold tool at a 90° angle to work, and place insert into the hole in work piece. Squeeze handle (C) toward barrel (B) until resistance is felt. The handle will not touch the barrel. DO NOT apply excessive force or the threads will be stripped. Release handle (C) and pull knob (A) completely out, this will release pull-up stud from the insert.
REPLACING BROKEN OR DAMAGED PULL-UP STUDS:
(Refer to fig. 2)
1. Unscrew anvil sleeve. L-28 and remove.
2. Loosen 3 set screws, L-5 using the access hole with hex key (include), by rotating knob to
expose set screws.
3. Loosen 2 set screws at access hole located below L-32 on barrel, again rotate knob.
4. Unscrew pull-up stud by holding it firmly in place, a vice may be necessary to hold the pull-up stud. Turn entire tool counter clockwise to remove from coupling, L-20.
5. Replace pull-up stud by reversing instructions.
DO NOT DAMAGE OR SCAR THE PULL-UP STUD, THIS WILL PREVENT SMOOTH OPERATING WHILE STUD ROTATES IN THE ADJUSTABLE ANVIL.
NOTE: If replacing pull-up stud with a different thread size, it requires changing adjustable
anvil, L-29; collar, L-15; and in some cases, the coupling, L-20.
OILING: A drop of oil at set screw openings on the barrel will keep the tool operating smoothly.